Monday 23 February 2015

My Little Paper Plane

This is my first post and I wanted it to be simple and special. It is special because my kids are teaching me the very basic lesson that you can find joy in the simplest of the simplest things...and today that simple thing is a paper plane.

The same thing that You in your childhood have made numerous times. To fly, to let others fly, to compete (yeah!! remember saying whose plane goes the fastest ,the longest..) and yes of course in college when you wanted to have some fun at the expense of the lecturer (I do remember where one of my lecturer took offense and the case reached the highest office....What a damage a simple paper plane can do ).

So when my boys (3.5yrs and 1.5yrs - my hands are absolutely full) wanted me to make them one ,I realized I had forgotten to make those cuties. It took me some time before I could make them again. When it was done another problem - I had only made one and I had two outstretched arm saying...me, me, me. Well no big deal I know it now.

So there all done. Time to go flying.

It brought back so many sweet memories.

Here is how to make one simple plane. All You need is a rectangular piece of paper.

First fold the paper in half lengthwise, and then unfold.
 
 
                         
 
 
Next fold the top two corners down so they meet the center crease that was just made.
 
 
                         
 
 
Now fold the corners in again to the center crease.
 
 
                         
 
 
Fold the entire plane in half over the crease itself.
 
 
                        
 
 
Fold the wings down so that you’re making a straight line.
 
 
                        
 
 
Repeat on the other side.
 
 
                         
 
 
 
That's it your plane is ready.
 
 

                               



What are you waiting for, go flying.



Tips

Take these planes and your kids to big open space (terrace or ground or beach) and have a great time flying.









No comments:

Post a Comment